- Classes of Happiness: Positive Psychology at Harvard, and the Science of Well-Being at Yale
- A small donation
- Connection between Stress and Cardiovascular Disease.
- Good and Bad Carbs
- Finished half mathoron
- A list of challenges I believe I can do
- A simple recipe for detox smoothie
- 5-minute chia seed drink
- The diet from a neurogenesis point of view
- What is more important than a healthy body?
- Finished my first full marathon!
- Breaking the comfort zone
- Getting up early
When I saw the sun finally came out i was so excited (it has been raining for many days in my area), and decided to go for a marathon run. It’s kinda dangerous since I did’t have much training after the half marathon run 2 months ago.
When I arrived at the trail, it started raining. I hesitated if i should just go home since it was raining even harder. But when i saw some hardcore runners passing by and not giving a shit about the rain, i made a determination that i will be one of them and finish today’s run no matter what.
In the first half, it was ok and i was pretty fast. But in the second half my feet hurt a lot. I had to stop to do some stretching for every mile. Energy and endurance-wise i was totally fine, and didn’t even feel tired; but feet and legs hurt too much. In the last several miles, it was almost as slow as walking.
The number is pretty bad (about 5 hours if excluding the time used to hide from rain), but i do consider it a big success since i never imaged i can do this!